“Bring Your Bible to School Giveaway 2018”
FOCUS ON THE FAMILY
“BRING YOUR BIBLE TO SCHOOL DAY GIVEAWAY” 2018 SWEEPSTAKES
IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Bring Your Bible to School Day Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”), during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below) visit Sponsor’s website http://www.focusonthefamily.com/bringyourbible and follow the on-screen instructions. The information you provide is subject to verification. Entries omitting any required information shall be disqualified and deemed ineligible to win. Limit one (1) entry per person.
2. Agreement to Official Terms and Conditions: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Any entrant or winner who violates these Official Rules is subject to disqualification at any time at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on June 27, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m., MT, on October 5, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). After the Sweepstakes Period no entries will be accepted or be eligible to win. Sponsor’s clock determines time of entry.
4. Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of the date of entry. Entrants are subject to all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, any agencies involved with administering the Sweepstakes, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and prizes, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
5. Random Drawing/Odds. One grand prize winner and five runners-up winners will be selected. On or about October 12, 2018, one (1) potential grand prize winner and five (5) runners-up winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. If the potential winners do not claim the prize and submit the required forms (see Section 7) by 11:59 p.m. MT on October 19, 2018, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, extend the due date. Potential winners who do not claim the prize and submit the required forms by October 19 (or as extended by Sponsor) will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The alternate winner must claim the prize and submit the required forms within five (5) days of receipt of the forms, or the prize will be forfeited, and no other potential winners will be selected. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries timely received. Sponsor is responsible for determining the winners of the prize in its sole discretion, subject to these Official Rules. All decisions made by Sponsor concerning the award of prize shall be final and binding.
6. Prizes. The grand prize winner will receive a trip for four (winner and three guests) to meet Sadie Robertson during her 2018 Live Original tour on a date to be determined by Sponsor, or if a 2018 Live Original tour date is unavailable, during an alternative event involving Sadie Robertson (“Alternative Event”) held between November 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019, on a date to be determined by Sponsor. The grand prize includes round trip domestic coach airfare for four (departing from and returning to a major airport); tickets to the event; hotel room for one night; and $250 intended to help cover ground transportation, gasoline, food, and other travel-related expenses, payable prior to the trip in the form of a gift card or by other means determined by Sponsor. Expenses incurred by winner and guests in excess of $250 shall be winner’s responsibility. If winner desires to rent a vehicle for use in the area, winner will be responsible to arrange for such rental; Sponsor will not participate in any way in the rental, nor will Sponsor be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury arising or resulting from winner’s rental of the vehicle. If winner elects to drive to and from the event locale with guests instead of flying, Sponsor will reimburse winner for gasoline expenses after receiving copies of winner’s receipts; this reimbursement will be made in addition to the $250 stated above. All other expenses incurred by the winner in conjunction with the prize will be the responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Estimated total grand prize value is $2,500.00; prize value may vary depending on city of origin. If winner is under 18, one of the guests must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. If any guest is under 18, the guest must be accompanied by guest’s parent or legal guardian.
Each of the five (5) runners-up will receive a collection of materials valued at approximately $70 each. The materials will include an autographed Sadie Robertson book and T-shirt, and 50 Bring Your Bible to School Day wristbands.
7. Notification. Potential winners will be notified by email within approximately forty-eight (48) hours after the date of winner selection(s) above, sent to the email address provided to Sponsor at the time of entry, and grand prize winner and guests will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) within the time requirements herein. Grand prize winner will also be required to complete and return a W-9 form for tax reporting purposes. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or does not respond as specified above, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects a prize, if the grand prize winner indicates his or her inability to attend the Sadie Robertson 2018 Live Original tour on the date and at the location to be determined by Sponsor, or the Alternative Event on the date and at the location to be determined by Sponsor (if a 2018 Live Original tour date is unavailable as set forth above in Section 6), or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
8. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by a winner and guests regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Entrants who are found to have submitted multiple or bulk entries in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. No facsimile, mechanically reproduced, altered or forged entries.
9. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, SADIE ROBERTSON, LIVE ORIGINAL LLC, AND THEIR AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY “SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR NON-USE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, PRIZE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WINNER’S INABILITY TO CLAIM THE PRIZE IF A 2018 LIVE ORIGINAL TOUR DATE IS UNAVAILABLE OR IF AN ALTERNATIVE EVENT CANNOT BE SCHEDULED BY APRIL 30, 2019), AND DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $5.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS PERMITTED BY LAW. THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING OF THE OFFER OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INABILITY ON THE PART OF THE WINNER TO CLAIM OR USE A PRIZE BECAUSE OF WEATHER, FIRE, NATURAL DISASTER, INDUSTRIAL OR LABOR DISPUTE, WAR, TERRORIST ACTIVITY, HOSTILITIES, POLITICAL UNREST, RIOTS, CIVIL COMMOTION, OR ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Colorado, City of Colorado Springs, El Paso County.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF COLORADO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of El Paso, in the State of Colorado. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Winner List. Beginning October 20, 2018, and for sixty (60) days thereafter, the identity of the winners (first name, state) will be available to individuals who send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winner List – Focus on the Family “Bring Your Bible to School Day Giveaway – 2018,” 8605 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920.
14. Sponsor. Focus on the Family, 8605 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920.